Friday, June 10, 2005

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo

Our little guy is growing up! Sometimes it seems he has grown overnight when I go to his room in the morning. We have slowly but surely been working on his "Big Boy" room! It has defintely been a bittersweet process. I have been peeling away the nursery decor little by little but there are still remnants here and there.

Landon loves his trains so we decided to go with the train theme. His first train ride did it! Our neighbors belong to a Train Club, the Ridge Live Steamers. They invited us out to the trains and that was it! Now we're all hooked!

My Grandpa Harper was also a train lover! I remember being in awe a few years back when we visited him in Arkansas. He had turned his workshop into a train room and was able to return to his childhood for a while. I remember all the detail and the pride he took in it! He was so cute in his overalls and engineer hat running his model train for the grandkids! After his 80th Birthday Party, the family watched a documentary he received for his birthday on the trains of his time. So, maybe this train thing is in the blood.

We still need to find a color to paint the walls in his room and may go for a border. Decorating is something I love to do but it has kinda fallen to the wayside lately. I also would love to find R/R signs or pictures of old trains to put up. I love the shelving for books and toys from Pottery Barn Kids, but do not love the prices. I'll have to shop around and see if I can find anything comparable. One of the quilts that my Granny made matched the bedding perfectly so I keep it at the foot of the bed. I still have a lot to do but hopefully he will not be outgrowing trains anytime soon!

Landon has been spending a lot more time in his room! He also has been spending more time on his potty!!! He has gone pee-pee in the potty everyday this past week!! Yeah Landon! Gumballs were just the thing! We tried the potty stamp on the hand for a while but I think it was a little confusing. He is so proud of himself! He runs around saying "I Did It!" Then we all dance around and cheer~ We must look like the biggest nerds from the outside but we are having fun. It's a good place to be!!!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Isn't it fun to be a kid again?