Saturday, July 23, 2005

Cypress Gardens

This past Thursday I took off work and got to spend the day with my little action hero! I have been wanting to take Landon to Cypress Gardens for a while now as we have the passes and I feel a lot more comfortable going to Winter Haven than to Tampa or Orlando on my own.

We set out with lots of snacks, a cooler, and lots of sunscreen. It was so incredibly hot that I was wishing I had brought a towel with me. One of the ladies working the rides couldn't believe I didn't bring a towel- Oh well, I always forget something no matter how well I prepare. The rides were quite interesting. Landon wanted to ride one of the smaller roller coaster type rides but once we sat down he was not having it. I'm thinking he may have remembered riding it with Shane~it kinda jerks you around. Next, on to the merry-go-round where we climbed up to the second level and came right back down. I know he was so excited and has been on these rides before, but I think it was just a combination of the heat and approaching nap time.

The ski show was nice because we got to sit in a shady area for a little while. My poor guy was once again upset because the boats looked as if they might crash into one another and the stunts were something he is not accustomed to seeing. I think he may have been worried about someone getting hurt with all the flips and flying through the air. My mom said that I was worried about the clowns getting hurt when they fell down at the circus when I was younger. Oh, so sensitive. Pretty pitiful, huh? Finally, the shaved ice saved the day and seemed to cool us off and calm us down from all the excitement.

We did get a few rides in before we left. Landon hopped up in the engineer seat on the little train and rang the bell so proudly! I could have given anything for the look on his face when he was the man in charge of the train. All the little girls in the cars and the caboose were waving and giggling at him. Then we got to ride the train that goes around the park to see all the progress. We're waiting on Splash Island to open up and I'm thinking that's the only way I'll be back in this weather.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a very memorable day. I need to do something like that with Owen while he's still the only "little man" in my life.

Joyce said...

He's a lot like his momma too! I'm so envious! Maybe someday I can go with you (like in October) to see my precious grandson enjoy himself......

Angie said...

October would be perfect! There is so much to do! We'll have to check the concert schedule.