Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fishing Trip

For a while now my Dad has been talking about taking Landon fishing with a little pole he found and painted blue for Landon. So Sunday after church we set out for the fishing pier in one of the historic parks in downtown Ft. Myers.
My Dad loaded the rods, tackle box, worms, and all! What fun we had sweating in the Florida sun making memories all the while.

As we started out on the pier it was a little scary. Landon is so fast and loves the water so we watched him like a hawk. Or rather like a pack of hawks (do hawks come in packs). Anyway, Chad and Shane were showing him how to cast (pushing the button~which he LOVED) and how to reel the line in. Let's just say we lost sight of the bober (the round floaty thing) at one point because he was obsessively pushing the button. He seemed to love the whole experiece and I'm sure we'll be back for more!
Poppa did get a bite but no catch. I guess the fish stories will have to come later. Much later!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds like so much fun. My dad is in town and I'm so enjoying seeing he and Owen play together. Hope you have many more fishing trips.

Joyce said...

You know, my grandparents died before ever seeing any of my children so it is always such a blessing to play with and/or be a part of my grandchildrens' discovering and growing times.....God is so good to give us grandchildren to enjoy after you've raised your own!

Angie said...

Mary~ Hope you guys have a great visit with your Dad! How FUN!

Angie said...

Grandparents and Great Grandparents are definitely a blessing!!!

The memories I have with my Grandma are priceless!