Thursday, March 02, 2006

Getting Closer

My pregnancy newsletter says we are at Week 33! I can't believe how close I am to my due date. I guess from here on out I will be pretty busy~ at least for the next 17 or so years! I feel excited about having two boys and the fact they will be able to do guy things together. Landon gets so excited whenever he sees a baby and brings me pictures of babies in magazines or books he sees around the house. My parents found a video called "Arthur's Baby" which he watches in awe as Arthur adjusts to a new baby in the house.
It still feels like there is so much to do yet I would love to just go spend a day at the beach and put my toes in the sand. With the weather we're having maybe we can go for the afternoon this weekend. Sounds relaxing, huh?

Our program is ending on April 9 so everyone at work is in the process of job hunting and interviewing. I am so thankful to have a job already lined up and another possibility as well. God is so Good!

Tomorrow I will be going to lunch at Mimi's Cafe with 12 wonderful women I have worked with or will be working with after my program ends. Some are working moms, some are grandmas, and some are stay at home moms! They are all so different and so wonderful! So many different backgrounds amd cultures and so much in common. I look forward to seeing friends I haven't seen in a while. I always come away feeling so understood and validated.

It is wonderful to have other women in your life. My mother-in-law just called and is so supportive and loving. My Mom came this past weekend and washed most of the baby clothes and helped out while Shane and Dad built a sandbox in the backyard. I had so much fun playing in the sand with Landon. It was so relaxing making sand castles and looking for shells. I think we played in the sand for about an hour or so.

Wow~ I am all over the place with this post so I better end now. So much to do and so little time!!!


Kelly~ Are you happy? I finally posted something new!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Angie- Thanks for the update! I am glad to hear that things are going well for you! It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! Enjoy that lunch! Sounds like a great group of girls! Things are staying crazy around here; too! I just signed Big Al up for guitar lessons, and we still have Boy Scouts and karate every week (3 days a week) and Ben is really into his gymnastics. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! Never enough time in the day!!! Take care of yourself! Send me some pics! Love you!!!!!

Mary said...

Wow, what a beautiful picture you painted. I know it seems hectic at times and life can be a whirlwind, but isn't it nice to take a step back and look at all the blessings? You are so wonderfully gifted with family and friends, talents, wisdom and I'm just thrilled for you. It sounds like Landon has so much interest and excitement for his little brother. I love it!

Amy Button said...

I would give just about anything to spend the day at the beach right now! I hope you get to go.

It's so nice to have family around to help out with the little things. I'm sure that Landon loves his sandbox and I can't wait until Chloe and Halle (and Amanda) can play in it with him.

Joyce said...

You all are great mothers! What an awesome responsibility God has blessed you with....