Sunday, July 25, 2010

Alys Beach



































































































Alys Beach is one of many distinctive beach towns along 30~A founded on the principles of New Urbanism, which emphasizes community and placing amenities in and around homes to promote walking, talking, and a sense of connectedness. It is pronounced Alice and is named after the developer's grandmother. It has a distinct Mediterranean feel and the architecture is simply breathtaking. The first picture was taken from our bike ride and Kyleigh was in the baby seat attached to my bike. She loved taking in all the beautiful scenery:) It was a bit overcast on the day the rest of these were taken but I imagine the pool area has been featured in several publications. The kids loved the playground area and there are even more pictures there:) Very cute area complete with a coffee shop which is always a plus! Believe it or not there are many more pictures to come!






































http://www.alysbeach.com/Community/SmartGrowthandNewUrbanism/tabid/63/Default.aspx

4 comments:

Mary said...

I think I'll have to go there some day. Nice pictures.

Angie said...

Yes! I think it would be right up your alley:)

Amy Button said...

I can't believe that I haven't been there. Well, I guess it's because I moved away from Panama City 11 years ago and haven't ever gone back...funny. Everything is just beautiful. I can see why you love it so much.

Angie said...

I can't believe it either! Soon we will have to meet there and bike and kayak and do all that fun stuff:)