Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Journey


 
I am excited about all that God is doing.  I have been enjoying life with my husband and children but God is so Good that He wants more for us than just a great life.  He wants to use us and our stories to touch others.  To pour into their lives with all that we have been given.   
 
When I started running Lake Hollingsworth the Lord began to work in my Spirit. As I prayed and became stronger he allowed me to see things that needed to be dealt with.  It has definitely been a process. I learned little by little that I could actually run and learned to enjoy it. Then I learned that I could conquer that mile and then 2 miles and so on.

This is my journey. This is about getting stronger. I want to be the wife and mother God has called me to me. This is about being there for my husband and kids. This is not about self pity. This is about processing my experiences and receiving healing on my journey.  When you process pain and loss you become who you were truly made to be. The Lord refines you and you are changed to reflect his image.


 
 
Processing pain and loss it is a lot like moving through grief.   The loss is still part of your experience but you can live more fully in the present. When I realized the magnitude of God's love for me the fears faded away. The Lord has revealed so much about the root of fear in my life but so much more about how much He loves me. God's love is based on who He is and I cannot earn His love nor can I be separated from His love.


When you give everything to God he can smooth away the rough edges until you resemble what He made you to be. The goal is to become a reflection of Him so that others can see Him in us. When you open yourself up to His love and healing power God can use everything for His glory.


 "We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.  God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.  And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.  Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.  We love each other because he loved us first." I John 4:16-19 (NLT)

No comments: