Friday, October 03, 2014

transparent

One of the definitions of transparent is capable of transmitting light so that objects or images can be seen as if there were no intervening material. I am working on becoming more real and transparent. To be honest there is so much I want to write but several things have held me back.  One being time which is a given and then wanting to get it right.  I am the girl who wants to say it right and does not want to come across the wrong way.  I dislike or rather loathe making mistakes and surely do not want to portray my children in a negative light or place or attach labels or limitations on them or myself.

There is something telling me that there is more out there for us,  That our story needs to be told.  There may be negative to that and that is why I am extremely cautious but I also know that there is beauty there and so much to say that I don't want to keep it all to myself,  When there is something good or good news you want to share it even if others don't understand or agree with what your doing or saying.  It just has to come out.

 I recently talked with a woman full of wisdom who said that she feels that God is going to use what my son and I and our family have been through.  I really don't need a special word to know that because God can use anything that we go through for His good.  It is amazing how others even along different paths can be touched and how someone's journey and healing can have purpose when shared with others. Why? Because we all experience pain and fear and joy and sadness in very similar ways even though our experiences may be entirely different.  The thing to remember is that God can use it all for His good.  We are learning and hearing from Him everyday and it is just too amazing to keep it all to ourselves.  When your pain is brought into the light the darkness must vanish and the brilliant light of the Holy Spirit shines through and can reach others who are hiding in the shadows.

As each facet of a multifaceted, brilliant diamond shines with light and unique perspective so are the unique stories of those in the body of Christ. One story does not replace or diminish the others; each facet of the diamond shines as a beacon to give hope to others.

Isaiah 60:1
"Arise, shine! For your light has come; the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.



No comments: