Monday, April 05, 2010

The Gardener

I HAVE PROMISED to meet all your needs according to my glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for MY Peace. I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride. worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of these weeds. I do My work in various ways. When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the Light of My Presence directly into your heart. In this heavenly Light, Peace grows abunduntly and weeds shrivel up. When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, Peace flourishes and weeds die away. Thank Me for troublesome situations; the Peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure.


Philippians 4:19; 2 Corinthians 4:17


What an awesome word and so relevant. I have been trying to pull up some of these weeds but it is SO hard and very difficult on my own. I need help from others like my hubby, friends, and most of all my Saviour. He knows my heart and when I surrender to Him things go so much more smoothly. I want to be pliable in His hands and the only way that can happen is when I and allow him to mold me. Pride has been on my heart a lot lately or actually learning to put my pride away and ask others for help. Homemaking does not come natural for me and I did not train for this:) as I did my formal job. I love that several moms have come up with creative ideas right up my alley and we have had some really fun outings and walks lately. I love that God puts people in our path right at just the right timing and change can be such a good thing when paired with an open heart and willingness to learn. I could write a lot more but I must get ready for church.

No comments: