Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This is a Time

In Your Life When You Must Learn To Let Go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest MY Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of my Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care.

You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you.

Psalm 89:15; Hebrews 13:8; Isaiah 41:13


This was the devotion for today and was so what I needed. My parents recently gave me a devotional book by Sarah Young titled Jesus Calling and it has been life changing. Each day is written as if Jesus were speaking directly to you because He is. He really is. It is so powerful and the words and scriptures seem to cut right through whatever I am going though and then I can get to the heart of the matter. I admit that I am easily distracted:) and it helps to have something solid to start me out in the morning. So when my thoughts start to wander I can stand firm and secure on the Word and all anxiety has to leave. I have been through a lot of struggles and don't even know where to begin but know that He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is Good and I believe that with all of my heart!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love it when God gives us something like that. The book, the individual devotions...it's amazing how they come right when we need them.

I read that twice and really tried to soak it in. I guess I needed it too.

Thanks.

Angie said...

Sure. I feel like I want to share them more often. It is always so encouraging and just want I need.